Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Review: Fate Succumbs by Tammy Blackwell


Author: Tammy Blackwell
Title: Fate Succumbs
Publisher: Self-pubbed
Released: Sept. 9th 2012

Summary from Goodreads:
Having narrowly escaped an unjust death sentence, Scout Donovan is on the run. But the more she discovers about the Alpha Pack and herself, the more she realizes she can’t run forever. Destiny is propelling her towards an unavoidable battle. Can Scout survive, or will she finally succumb to fate?

I purchased Fate Succumbs (#3 Timber Wolves)about a month ago and honestly, I was hesitant to start. Not because I wasn’t dying to read it (because trust me, I was) but because I was scared (and a little sad). I knew it was the grand finale to Scout’s journey and I just wanted to drag it out a little bit longer. I enjoyed Destiny Binds and Time Mends so much that I never wanted the story to end. What if one of my favorite characters died (again)? What if it wasn't a satisfying ending? What if I spent the rest of the week bawling my eyes out just like I did when I turned the final page of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? 

Finally, I could wait no longer.. I managed to make it last all weekend, but it still wasn’t long enough. I already miss Scout, Liam and the rest of the pack.  

Fate Succumbs picks up with Scout and Liam on the run after the big escape at the end of Time Mends. They travel all over America and end up settling down in a secluded cabin located in Canada where they remain through the winter surviving on canned food, Poptarts and whatever game they manage to kill. While snowed in they train and Scout learns more about her destiny. 
Most of the novel consists of Scout and Liam traveling and training, the action doesn't really start until the second half, but don't let that fool you in to thinking this is a boring read. It is every bit as entertaining as the first two novels. As always Scout’s wit had me smiling (and even laughing out loud) throughout the entire story.

Tammy Blackwell writes such brilliantly authentic dialogue. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I love the banter between the characters and I adore Scout’s inner thoughts. She is one of my all-time favorite heroines. 
Fate Succumbs is a well-thought out, unique novel and a fantastic conclusion to this amazing trilogy. I think everyone, even those skeptical to read a Shifter book, would enjoy Scout's story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment