Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review: Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Author: Jamie McGuire
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster.

Can you love someone too much?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.






*Note: This should be read AFTER you've read Beautiful Disaster, but who am I kidding? Who HASN'T read Beautiful Disaster? :)*



“One of these days you’re going to fall in love, son. Don’t settle for just anyone. Choose the girl that doesn’t come easy; the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting. Never.” 


When I read Beautiful Disaster, I LOVED the beginning and most of the middle but when they went to Vegas, well, it sorta lost me a little. I mean, I still loved it and it's a great story but it definitely sort of lost steam for me towards the end.
Same applies to Walking Disaster. I loved the beginning even though the opening was completely heartbreaking. I loved seeing the relationship between Travis and Abby develop through his eyes, again, lost me at the Vegas part BUT the epilogue was fun!
There are obviously extra scenes in the beginning and the end but what was nice was that the rest of the story is pretty different too. We only saw what happened when Abby was around in Beautiful Disaster so in Walking Disaster we see more interaction between Shep and Travis as well as Travis and his family which is nice. Those boys cracked me up!
You definitely don't feel like you are reading the same book twice which is nice and Jamie totally nailed the male POV.
People aren't lying when they say Walking Disaster will make you fall even more in love with Travis.
I think my favorite thing was learning exactly why Travis called Abby "Pigeon." <3
I highly recommend this for fans of Beautiful Disaster, it definitely completes the story and the epilogue is a nice treat for Travis and Abby fans. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment